Here at Perfect Fit Technologies, we’re in the business of protecting smartphones such as the legendary Apple iPhone with innovative and unique Screen Shields and bumper case. Because the Apple iPhone is one of our favorite smart devices on the market today, we decided to pen this post sharing 15 fun facts about Apple’s iPhone. Without further ado:
1. The iPhone changed the way the world views texting. 22% of people believe that SMS is easier than calling.
2. The AppStore was the first place to legally download an app.
3. The iPhone turns off the display screen off when you lift it to your ear.
4. 17% of iPhone users only download free applications. 70% of iPhone users have 10+ paid applications and 3.5% of iPhone users have more than 30 paid applications.
5. 80% of iPhone users use their phones over 15 times per day!
6. People spend about 16% of their iPhone time using applications, 19% of their time texting and actual phone calls 17% of the time.
7. $150 million dollars was spent on research and development developing the original iPhone.
8. The original iPhone was launched in the United States on June 29, 2007.
9. The first iPhone was invented in 1983. This original iPhone wasn’t a mobile phone and didn’t include a touch screen, but it did have a stylus controlled interface.
10. Over 10% of iPhones are “jailbroken”.
11. Apple owns more than 200 patents relating to the iPhone.
12. More than 46% of iPhone users plan to upgrade to the iPhone 5 in the next six months.
13. Apple is expected to make $144 billion dollars in revenue from the iPhone 5.
14. Apple has sold more than 228.2 million iPhone’s since 2007 (including projected sales in 2012).
15. If all iPhone sales were concentrated in the United States, 73% of the US population would own an iPhone by the end of 2012.
We hope you've enjoyed the above 15 facts about Apple’s legendary iPhone. Do you have any additional facts to share? Please feel free to share them in the comments below.